Powered by Blogger.

Easy DIY Decor for Your Home or Nursery!

>> Monday, February 21, 2011


I decided to do more hands on crafts for our baby this go around...and now I have a bug that makes me want to paint everything! Here's one that I did a week ago:


What you need:
* A letter to paint. I got mine for $8.99 from JoAnn Fabrics.
It's a Paper Mache 23.5" letter. Yeah. Almost two feet. It's HUGE!
* A base paint. I used Krylon's Oil Rubbed Bronze Spray Paint.
Pick a color to highlight your nursery, match or color coordinate or standout!
* Something to paint on. An old sheet, a drop cloth, newspaper, art paper.
* A nail or two or hook for back of letter. Also, you can lean this on a shelf, or have it self standing
for a wonderful statement piece.
* Another IDEA: grab some scrap-booking paper and trace the letter onto it. Cut it out and paste using Mod Podge & then go over it with Mod Podge to seal!

The first letter of our Baby Boy's name to join us next month!

Spray Paint.
I was going to go over it with a crackle paint, but liked it plain better!

First coat of paint:
[please do this in a well ventilated area or outside or have someone spray it for you]

Letting it DRY!

All DONE! Put it over his crib!

I have a couple more projects left to do. Have any of you done some of your own DIY crafting/decor?
Do Share!!! Leave links to pics if you have any! We'd love to see!

Pin It

3 comments:

Jess (The Cozy Reader) February 21, 2011 at 11:58 AM  

I love this! I emailed it to the hubby so he can see this. :) We may decide to do something similiar. We just put our baby furniture together and need to start with some accessories! You can see current pictures in my most recent blog post.

Miss Jane February 21, 2011 at 1:24 PM  

@Jess: I LOVE IT! Green is one of my favorite colors and it really pops in your nursery!

Post a Comment

this blog designed by:

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP