Powered by Blogger.

Adults vs. Babies

>> Thursday, March 1, 2012

There are things that adults do that drive me nuts/annoy me/gross me out. Then, when I became a mother, I suddenly found myself loooving those same things when my sweet babies do them. Examples:

Drooling. Few things are grosser than being spit upon. Yet, somehow, baby drool is completely and totally ok. I don't mind it one bit!

Messy eating. You know how some people can have a big blob of food on their face, and you are looking at them thinking "How do they not know that's there?!" It can be quite concerning. Unless of course it's a baby. Messy food faces are one of the best photo ops with babies!

Footsies. Oh man. Just ask my husband. After nearly 5 years of marriage he still tries to play footsies with me, and I still want him to keep his feet as far away from mine as humanly possible. But oh how I love sweet little baby feet. Not only do I not mind if their feet touch mine, but I'm completely fine with them being all over me!

Heavy breathing. Biggest.pet.peeve. However, I think there is no sweeter sound than the sound of a baby, sleeping peacefully on your shoulder, deeply breathing. Makes me melt every time!

Loud walking. Sometimes I just want to tell people to put a little air into their step! Do they really have to be so loud when they walk? But one of the happiest noises in my house is that of my 14 month old heavily slapping her bare feet on the bare floor.

Sloppy kisses. Just...ewww! Not my cup of tea. However, I have been hard pressed to find moments in life that surpass that of a baby wrapping their arms around you and planting big, wide mouth, sloppy kisses on my face. It's absolutely one of the best moments of motherhood!

Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

this blog designed by:

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP