Powered by Blogger.

Milan Maternity Spotlight

>> Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Meet Megan. Also known as MNMspecial. She is a wife to an Air Force husband, which means she has moved her family A LOT in the past 10 years. She is mom to 4 kids, the youngest of which is a sweet little baby born in July.


Here's what Megan had to say.



The first time you were pregnant, was there anything about it that completely surprised you or that you wish you had know about being pregnant?
Honestly, I was shocked to be pregnant because I was told for years it wouldn't happen so I had no clue about anything.

Have you announced your pregnancies to your husband or family members in any fun and memorable ways? Our fourth baby was given the same due date as our first. We arranged to tell our family at Christmas just as we had nine years earlier. We had our two year old change her Little Sister shirt to a Big Sister shirt in the same color and waited for anyone that notice. It was a fun time.

Have you found any tricks that work really well for you with morning sickness?
I had morning sickness a lot. I ate a lot of cold cereal and drank ginger ale all day long. I even sucked on sour candies when I was running around town.

What have you found to entertain and keep your kids busy when you've been too drained?
I turned on movies in my bedroom with a child lock on the door so they couldn't escape while they watched and I drifted in and out. The one time I didn't I had waterproof mascara all over my brand new cream colored couch!

With your first child, was there anything you wish you had known about labor that you weren't prepared for?
That you have the right to be the boss.

What things help your older children adjust to having a new baby in the home?We have a five year span between the older two and the third child. They thought that the baby would come home and play video games and run outside with them. They weren't ready for the crying and the lack of movement. We bought books at the hospital about being older siblings. The toddler also got a book and a baby doll to practice with.

With all of the moving around your family has to do, how do you help your children adjust with each move?
We pack a tote bag for the car with their favorite stuffed animal, favorite blanket, and pictures of family members. We talk a lot about the new town and new house before we leave. I also let them pick out new paint colors or decorations for their bedrooms.

What are some of your children's favorite activities to do during the day?My oldest two are in school now, but they have started dance classes and an archery class to meet friends. My toddler is a busy little girl that believes she is a princess. During the day we have tea parties, watch princess movies, and play dress up.

As mothers we have some special moments with our children that we always remember and cherish. Do you mind sharing one or two of those experiences?
My older kids were asked to sing in church in front of a lot of people in a program. The song was difficult and they only had a few days to practice. They sang beautifully and there was not a dry eye in the audience.

Who has been a great example for you as a mother and what have you learned from that person?Of course I am going to say my mom, but I have taken a lot from my grandmother because she raised the woman I wish I was like, although I'm not.

When you are having a rough day, and counting down the hours until your husband gets home so you can get a break, what is it that you are looking forward to do as a stress reliever?
Sitting down and having some adult conversation.

When we are pregnant or have kids, it seems like we get all sorts of advice, wanted or not, from all sorts of people. What is one of the best pieces of advice you have gotten?Hire a babysitter. I do all the time. If I need to get out and my husband is working or I just want to spend time with him, we leave for an hour or so.

Have you ever had one of those moments where you felt like you just couldn't handle it, and what got you through that?
I have those moments all the time with four kids and one of them with special needs. Sometimes there is screaming all day and brotherly/sisterly fighting. My grandmother's voice rings clearly in my head, "This to shall pass". She tells me this quite often.

What is the most rewarding thing about being a mother?
The thank you they give you after you wipe their bottoms, pour them a glass of milk, kiss their booboos, read a story and hug them tight.

Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

this blog designed by:

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP