Powered by Blogger.

Milan Maternity Spotlight

>> Wednesday, October 5, 2011


Say hello to this weeks spotlight, Erin. She is a stay at home mom to sweet little Stella, who is almost 6 months old. Here's what Erin had to say when I asked her the questions we all wanted answered.

Was there anything about pregnancy that completely surprised you or that you wish you had know about being pregnant?
I was surprised that I couldn't remember anything!! My memory was shock almost my entire pregnancy. haha!

Did you announce your pregnancy in any fun and memorable ways?
My parents were the first people we told. We invited them over for dinner and when we told them my mom started clapping and bouncing in her seat like a kid. It was too cute.

Did you find any tricks that work really well for you with morning sickness?
Most of my m.s. was actually in the evening. I drank a lot of ginger ale and ate a lot of saltine crackers. B6 is what someone suggested but that was after my sickness had started to subside. I'll try it next time though.

What is your go-to dinner when you don't know what else to make and you need something quick and tasty?
My husband and I eat this Skillet Chicken about once a week. It is so easy and so delicious. Make sure you use a skillet that can go in the oven. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Brown chicken in a little olive oil and add parsnips and potatoes. Pour in enough chicken broth to fill about and inch of bottom. Add garlic according to your liking ( I use about 2 teaspoons of minced garlic). Add a 1/4 cup of lemon juice. Top with more salt and pepper and fresh thyme. Place skillet in oven and cook for 40 minutes. I usually try to baste the chicken once during cooking and then after it's done.
You can't go wrong with one pan to clean up!

What is one of your favorite moments with your baby so far that you will always remember?
One of my faves is when we took her to her first baseball game. We were visiting my father and went to an Orioles game. She was 6 weeks old. She was so alert the entire time. She loved watching all of the people sitting behind us. It was such a great evening.
What do you like to do when you get the opportunity to have some "me" time?
My me time usually consists of getting my butt kicked by my trainer. I like to get massages about once every couple months too.

Do you have any beauty secrets of what you do when you only have a few minutes to get ready?
Dry shampoo has been a great new staple in my bathroom! The stuff is amazing!

When we are pregnant or have kids, it seems like we get all sorts of advice, wanted or not, from all sorts of people. What is one of the best pieces of advice you have gotten?
Crying is not going to hurt her. I was obsessed with picking Stella up everytime she made a peep. I was losing my mind because I fekt like I couldn't even get a glass of water. The first time I didn't run to pick her up, she settled down within minutes.

Have you ever had one of those moments where you felt like you just couldn't handle it, and what got you through that?
Yes, definitely. Remembering how many woman have done this worked everytime.

Who has been an example of motherhood to you, and what have you learned from that person? My mother. Patience.

When you and your husband are able to get out of the house on your own, what do you like to go out and do?
We, luckily, get out once a week and have kinda started a tradition. We now o to the same place for sushi and then to a movie. It's funny because we're home by 9:30 everytime. lol

What is the best thing about motherhood?
Stella looks at me like I'm the most important person in her world. When she raises her little hand and touches my cheeks or lips, my heart melts. Sometimes I can't stop kissing her. Knowing that I need her just as much as she needs me is like nothing I ever imagined.

Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

this blog designed by:

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP