Powered by Blogger.

My favorite pregnancy book

>> Monday, July 18, 2011

Although I have mentioned that I wish I hadn't watched so many shows and read so much about the gory details of childbirth, there was one book that I absolutely loved! It's called "Great Expectations: Your All-in-One Resource for Pregnancy & Childbirth".

My favorite part of this book was the week by week guide for the changes that both you and your baby are making during the nine months of pregnancy. I would pick a day of the week to read about what my baby would be doing that week, and it was amazing to read about the amazing growth these little babies make in such a short period of time. And even though I read it through my first pregnancy, I enjoyed it just as much reading about the babies progress with my second baby as well.



It also talks about all the different medical tests you do during pregnancy, birthing options as far as birthing at home, birthing center, hospital, and all of your options for pain management during birth. It gives you information about what foods and medicines are safe and unsafe for pregnancy and explains all of the stages of labor. And it doesn't stop after that. It also has a guide for the first 6 months of your babies life, as well as a baby buying guide, which helps you figure out what you need for your baby and what is safest.



And the best part about this book is that it is positive and reassuring, and it didn't scare me like other things I read. If there was only one book that I could recommend to any expecting mother, this would be it. You can buy it here.

Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

this blog designed by:

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP