Powered by Blogger.

Learn from my mistakes

>> Thursday, July 14, 2011

I say that if you can learn from others mistakes and not make the same ones yourself, then do it!! So just for you, I have compiled a list of things I wish I hadn't done when I was pregnant, so that you can make sure to avoid the same mistakes.

Things I wish I hadn't done when I was pregnant

-I wish I hadn't gotten a haircut. A trim, yes, that's fine. But I went in asking for several inches cut off. The man decided to disregard everything I asked him to do and he gave me a horrible cut. I cried. (I have never cried over a haircut, but when you already feel self-conscious about your changing body, a bad haircut is horrible!) I ended up going somewhere else and getting a really short cut that I still regret having had to do...3 years later! I don't think that pregnancy is a good time to make a major cut. Or at least not the time for spur of the moment decisions for haircuts.

-If I could go back to my first pregnant self, the one that gained over 50 lbs, I'd say "Hey, you!! You're pregnant and you're beautiful!" I shouldn't have been so hard on myself for my huge feet, cankles and hands. It's not like I had any control over that, so why give myself a hard time about it.

-Guess what. I so did not have to have the baby's room completely done by the time he was born. Let's be honest, he didn't even sleep in his own room until he was 7 months old. Sure it gave me something to do, but I definitely did not need to stress out about it.

-I shouldn't have read so much and watched so much about birth. Yes, it's wise to educate yourself about the birthing experience, but the real deal isn't as scary as the gory details they give in some books and on some tv shows. All I did was completely freak myself out.

-I really, really, REALLY wish I had said an emphatic "NO!" to my nephew when he wanted to walk from the capitol building in DC all the way to the Washington Monument. July, hotter than ever, 7 months pregnant. I knew that walk was longer than it looked, but I did it anyways. My feet were the size of watermelons by the time we were done. Definitely won't make that mistake again! Late pregnancy is not the time to make what feels like cross country treks!

And last, but most important:
-I shouldn't have told my husband I was pregnant. (Or anyone else for that matter.) Sure, people might figure it out eventually, but I'd be willing to take my chances. Nothing like being 38 weeks pregnant, feeling as huge as a house and being SO ready to have the baby, and having your husband asking you daily if the baby is coming yet. It's hard enough to deal with when other people do it. But when your significant other, who should be the one "safe" person keeps asking too, it makes you want to cause them bodily harm.

Pin It

2 comments:

Ebeam,  July 14, 2011 at 6:45 AM  

Haha! I could totally see my "pregnant" self losing it over a bad haircut!

Shelley July 14, 2011 at 8:52 PM  

I cut 10 inches off a few months ago while pregnant (still pregnant now) and I loved it! But mine was well thought out and debated over for a while first.

Good point about the nursery!!

Post a Comment

this blog designed by:

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP