Powered by Blogger.

You might have a toddler

>> Thursday, June 30, 2011

I swear like it feels like this past September that my son was born. So I'm not sure how it is possible that he's turning THREE this September!! Really, where did the time go? I had a newborn and all of a sudden I have a full on toddler. And a super loud toddler that constantly wants my attention at that. But even if he was a super quiet toddler that didn't constantly want my attention, there are still so many signs that there is a toddler living in my home.

If you aren't sure if there is a toddler in your home, here are some ways you might know:

--While making dinner, you need the can opener and you know exactly where it is...the fridge, inside the veggie drawer.
--Your husband goes on an overnight business trip and he uses a spare wipes box to pack his toiletries in.
--When you throw things away in the trash can, you have to sometimes bury certain things a little deeper.
--Even when you are in the car by yourself, you find yourself constantly looking in the rear view mirror.
--You are desperate for an unhealthy snack and find yourself eating Scooby Doo snacks dipped in Nutella.
--Your friends come to visit, and while using the bathroom, they have to go on a scavenger hunt to find the toilet paper and hand soap.
--When you have spare time and get lost in your thoughts, you find yourself thinking things like "Where in the world are Max and Ruby's parents?" and "How come Mickey is a mouse but he can talk? But has a dog for a pet, Pluto, but he can't talk? But then Goofy is his friend, who is also a dog, and he can talk?"
--When throwing away things in the trash can, you find yourself giving it a once over to make sure nothing valuable has been thrown away.
--In general conversation you spell out words like "park", "cookies", and "outside."
--You know you are going to have to wake up early, or possibly be up several times during the night, but you stay up as late as possible just for some peace and quiet.
--Your grocery list always consists of such items as "fishies" and "Scooby snacks".

If you still aren't sure if there is a toddler in your house or not, just look on the floor. If it's clean, you probably don't.

**The items listed may or may not be from actual experiences in our house. Let's just say that I'm not creative enough to come up with these things out of thin air.

Pin It

4 comments:

Mikhail June 30, 2011 at 7:16 AM  

Hahaha! I love this! And I'm wondering about Mickey and Goofy too!! That is strange!! I'm more than certain that I don't have a toddler... but I may be one myself because I cause a lot of the things you mentioned here ;)

Jess (The Cozy Reader) June 30, 2011 at 7:29 AM  

Awesome list! I loved being able to spell out certain words. But our oldest is headed into 2nd grade and she can read and spell just fine now so it's trickier getting things past her. We'll have to start spelling them backwards. :)

Emily June 30, 2011 at 9:36 AM  

Haha. I totally agree with the last three. We've been spelling out words since my daughter learned the alphabet at 17 months.

Anonymous,  June 30, 2011 at 9:51 AM  

I remember calling a friend who had a toddler the same age as my youngest son. When she answered the phone I said, "It sounds like you're talking under water." She said "Well, that may be because I just fished the phone out of the toilet to answer it." She had a BAD boy---I felt lucky by comparison!

Post a Comment

this blog designed by:

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP